Monday, September 17, 2012

Menagerie Part Three

I've decided to stay with the land fantasy creatures and go with the violet-orange-green palette. I updated my color swatches to reflect how much I intend to use each color:



I've also gone crazy designing creatures to make sure I make clay figures out of the very best ones. I drew about three pages worth of ideas, and I put check-marks next to ones I'm considering making:




I also tried to figure out where I'm going to photograph these creatures. Since the characters will be predominantly violet, I decided to emphasize either orange or green for the background and I took a few quick snapshots to get an idea of where I'm going to shoot. Green grassy areas seem to fit well with the theme of wild animals, although I threw in an orange for good measure:







No comments:

Post a Comment