Monday, November 19, 2012

Lizzie Schwartz Progress

Hey, guys! I've been working more on the Lizzie Schwartz comic book; mostly I've been designing the characters, but I've been putting a lot of thought into where the story is headed as well. First of all, I made some character sketches for the three lead characters. I drew Lizzie out in a few different poses. I wanted to make sure to keep Lizzie's face and body elastic - sometimes cartoonists fall into the trap of making a character so cute that they can't really be expressive (sort of a Hello Kitty syndrome) and I wanted to avoid that. So here's what I came up with:


And then I drew some poses for Sigmund and Felipe - obviously, Sigmund is the uptight, angry one, whereas Felipe is more laid-back, like a hippie:


And then I designed and colored the other major characters. King Giffon rules the Land of No Laughter, the Schwinkle-Bird sends messages to the king to detect if there is any humor going on in the kingdom, Detective Doolick questions our three leads to see if they are at all humorous, the Grand Old Wizard Clamboozler has a dark crystal that can suck up comedy and leave a person completely serious and the Gluzzump is King Giffon's gelatinous pet:  


And lastly, here is a chart I made for the coming weeks:


No comments:

Post a Comment